We aim to provide a learning environment that provide hands on training to healthcare professionals using donated human cadaveric tissue from consenting adults. The information and teaching we provide is designed to increase skill and experience, resulting in safe and effective use of procedures and medical devices to improve outcomes for patients worldwide.
We are committed to abide by the highest ethical standards and are working under guidance of:
• The EU Tissue and Cells Directives (EUTCD), via the Human Tissue (Quality and Safety for Human Application) Regulations 2007
• UK HTA (Human Tissue Authority) Codes of Practice and Standards (A-E)*
• MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice
• UK MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency)
• NIH National Institutes of Health
Our staff will:
• Act with honesty and integrity, ethically handling actual or apparent conflicts of interest between their personal relationships or financial or commercial interests and their responsibilities to London Medical Education Academy;
• Promote full, fair, accurate, timely and understandable information in all interactions and documents that London Medical Education Academy share, sends or submits or otherwise makes public;
• Comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to London Medical Education Academy and to its relationship with its suppliers, customers and other stakeholders;
• Report known or suspected violations of this code of ethics promptly the Compliance Officer; and
• Ensure that their actions comply not only with the policy but the spirit of this code of ethics and foster a culture in which London Medical Education Academy operates in compliance with the law and London Medical Education Academy policies.