The Facial Anatomy: Dissect and Inject course is now heading into its third year and is aimed at qualified Surgeons, Doctors, Dentists and Nurses. This one day course will refresh your anatomical knowledge of the face, dissecting each of the three main areas upper, mid and lower.
About the Course
We work on fresh frozen specimens, as we consider it to be the superior preservation method for training. We only use HTA approved labs with the best possible equipment. Our organisational skills are internationally recognised, and Faculty are recognised not only for their technical skills but also for their willingness to interact and engage in healthy debate on the benefits of different approaches.
You can expect an impressive cadaver to delegate ratio with knowledgeable and engaged Faculty in small groups. This means that you will have plenty of time with course leaders, and learn by doing, not just by watching.
What should I expect?
On a full day course, working on one side of a face, you will cover (please click on the brochure for full details):
- Dissection to include identification of glabellar muscles, frontalis, supraorbital nerve
- Dissection to include identification of fat pads, infraorbital nerve, facial artery, muscles of facial expression, eyelid layers.
- Dissection to include identification of platysma, jowls, depressor angular oris, depressor labii inferioris, mental nerve, mentalis and anterior margin of mandible.
The relevant anatomy will be discussed and demonstrated, it is useful to prepare by revising the anatomy before the course (provided in the introductory manual so that as much time as possible can be spent in the lab applying the theoretical knowledge.
Faculty have a long experience with the procedures and will be able to talk through the pros and cons for each chosen technique. We encourage healthy debate and invite you to bring your experience and skill to the table.
What will I achieve?
- Enhanced anatomical knowledge that you can apply in your clinic the very next day
- Knowledge that you are a safer practitioner having studied key anatomical landmarks
- Valuable discussion with other attendees
- 7 CPD points
- Improved technical skills after gaining a true understanding of where the needle goes during a procedure
- working with an excellent cadaver: attendee ratio of 1:2
- valuable discussions with other attendees from all over the world
- hands on training from experienced surgeons
- anatomical landmarks identified
- opportunity to start/stop during the procedures, and even start over to improve technical skills
- discuss tricky cases
- adverse event management
What is included?
All materials, CPD, digital certificate, digital badge, products, refreshments, protective clothing, specimens (including transportation/documentation/aftercare), faculty, technicians, admin support, pre-read materials and manuals.
Limited places available please book early
Lorna Jackson, Editor of the Consulting Room, details her thoughts on attending our first facial anatomy training course. Read the full feature article here.
Who has trained here before?
Click here for a list of who has trained with us, and click here to see what previous attendees say about us.
Over the years we have been trusted to arrange courses for many professional organisations and associations: ICS, ISLASS, BACN and many more. We look forward to welcoming you too.
30th March 2019
University of Manchester
(levels of Cadaver:attendee ratio)
1:2 – £1300 (exc VAT)
1:1 – £1595 (exc VAT)