The Cadaver Training Company
Maya Basu is a Consultant Urogynaecologist at St. Mary’s Hospital Manchester. She completed general training in O+G in London/KSS before doing subspeciality training in Urogynaecology at St George’s Hospital. She was a Consultant at Medway Maritime Hospital in Kent for 5 years before moving to Manchester in 2018. Maya has published widely on topics including prevention of perineal trauma, overactive bladder and continence surgery. She is a former member of the RCOG Council, is an MRCOG Part 3 examiner, chair of the BSUG meetings committee and is a regular speaker at national urogynaecology courses and meetings.
Ali Juma is a fully accredited Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon on the General Medical Council Specialist register for Plastic surgery since 2002. He has held the position of Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon in the NHS at the Countess of Chester NHS Foundation Trust, including a lead clinician and head of department in the last 3 years. Drawing from his experience of 9 years as an honorary lecturer in the University of Liverpool and 7 years tenure as an examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh MRCS exam. He is currently an Assessor for the Royal College of Surgeon’s England. Currently Ali is a member of The British Aesthetic Association of Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS), The British Association of Plastic, reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS), and The International society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon (ISAPS).
Domenico Veneziano is a Urologist, Fellow of the European Board of Urology. He was born in Reggio Calabria, Italy, were he actually works as a full-time physician in the department of Urology and Kidney Transplant, G.O.M. Hospital. His main fields of interest are oncologic mini-invasive surgery, urinary tract stone treatment and surgical education. In 2014 he completed a fellowship at the University of Minnesota in “simulation and education technologies” with the accreditation of the American College of Surgeons, one of the first fellowships in the world expressively dedicated to simulation in surgery.
D.Veneziano is an internationally recognized expert in curriculum building, simulator design and in the organization of hands-on training events. Since 2014 he is coordinator of Hands on Training for the European Urological Residents Education Programme (EUREP), flagship educational programme of the European School of Urology and is actively involved in the development of novel training curriculums on behalf of the European Association of Urology (EAU). He is chairman of the “New Technologies and Communication” group inside the Young Academic Urologist Working Party (YAUWP), is a member of the ESUT board (European Section of Uro-Technology), founder and member of the ESU (European School of Urology) training group and member of the educational groups of ERUS (European Robotic Urology Section) and EULIS (European Uro-Lithiasis Section).
Domenico Veneziano recently became adjunct assistant Professor of Urology, at the Hosftra-Northwell University of New York and actively collaborates with the American Association of Urology (AUA) for the organization of laparoscopic educational events.
Mr Assassa has over 10 years experience as an NHS Consultant in Gynaecology and is a specialist in Urogynaecology (problems with bladder control, continence and Vaginal Prolapse).
He has pioneered New Surgical and none-surgical therapies for continence. Often making treatment quicker, more comfortable and with a shorter recovery time. Mr Assassa represents the Royal college of Obstetrics and gynaecologists in helping NICE (The National Institute of Clinical Excellence) review new surgical techniques in Urogynaecology. At present Mr Assassa is the British Society of Urogynaecology shadow Chair of Clinical audit (Becoming Chair Nov 2011). He regularly audits his work and the results are among the best in the country for low complications, high success rates and high patient satisfaction.
Mr Assassa is the Chair of the Bladder and Bowel Foundation the largest National Charity for continence problems. http://www.bladderandbowelfoundation.org/
This is the Charity which advertises on TV encouraging people to seek help for continence problems. Mr Assassa is also the National and International Surgical trainer for a number of surgical companies. He regularly trains consultants from all over the world in new surgical techniques.
Consultant Urologist with special interest in Female, neurourology and reconstructive urology Western General Hospital and Borders General Hospital.
Co-chair organiser of monthly Lothian Urology/Urogynaecology /Reconstructive MDT.
Co-Chair and sole Urological Surgeon of National Vaginal Mesh Complication MDT (BAUS and BSUG acceredited).
– Aggregate Professor Palermo University (since 2015)
– Aggregate Professor Florence University (2004-2010) – Italy
– Aggregate Professor Neurosurgery Dept. Florence University (2009), Italy
– President ISLASS (International Society Laser Assisted Spine Surgery)
– Fellow Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of United States of America
– Fellow American Board Minimally Invasive Spine Medicine and Surgery
– Corresponding Fellow EFFORT (European Federation National Associations Orthopaedics and Traumatology)
– Member American Academy Minimally Invasive Spine Medicine and Surgery (AAMISMS)
– Degree in Medicine and Surgery at Florence University with maximum rate, cum laude
– Specialty in Orthopaedics at Florence University with maximum rate, cum laude
– Member S.I.O.T. (Italian Orthopaedics Society)
– Member I.S.M.I.S.S. (International Society for Minimal Intervention in Spine Surgery)
– Member I.A.L.M.S. (International Academy Laser in Medicine and Surgery)
– Founding Member and I.S.LA.S.S. (International Society for Laser and percutaneous procedures in Spinal Surgery) President
– Fellow Royal College Surgeons and Physicians (USA)
– Laurea ad Honorem in Medicine, Sythenko Institute, Ukraine
– Professor at Annual Academical Ministery Justice Master on medical malpractice
– Consultant at Major Court of Florence
– Editor for Springer Ltd publisher
– January – August 1995: Attending Surgeon at University College London Medical School, Institute of Orthopaedics. Biomedical Engineering Department – Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Trust, Stanmore, London, U.K.
– 1997 Chief Health Military Academy Carabinieri Florence (Italy)
– 1999: Fellowship at Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery Unit (Dr. Leu) – Zollikerberg Spital – Zurich (Switzerland)
– 2000: Attending Surgeon at Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery Unit (Dr. Leu) – Zollikerberg Spital – Zurich (Switzerland)
– August – September 2001: Attending Surgeon at Spine Endoscopical Unit (Dr. Destandau) – Bordeaux, France.
– October 2002: Attending Surgeon at Laser Spine Surgery Unit (Professor J. Hellinger) – Nova Med Klinik, Munich, Germany
– Aglietti P., Buzzi R., Menchetti P.P.M.
Steli endomidollari non cementati nelle protesi di ginocchio
Giornale Ital. Ortop. Traumat., Estratti del LXXIX Congresso SIOT, 235-241, 1994
– Aglietti P., Menchetti P.P.M.
The biomechanics of the patello femoral joint.
Giles R. Scuderi ED. in “The Patella”. Spinger Verlag, New York, 25-48, 1995
– Aglietti P., Zaccherotti G., Menchetti P.P.M.
A comparison of clinical and radiological parameters with two arthroscopic techniques for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.
Knee Surg., Sports Traumatol., Arthroscopy, 2; 2-8, 1995
– Aglietti P., Buzzi R., Giron F., Menchetti P.P.M.a
Reconstruction of the posterior cruciate ligament for acute and chronic injuries.
Ital. J.Sports Traumatol., 17 (4), 231-241, 1995
Arthroscopically assisted semitendinosus and gracilis tendon graft in reconstruction for acute anterior cruciate ligament injuries in athletes.
Am. J. Sports Med., 24 (5), 1-6, 1996
– Menchetti P.P.M, Walker P.
Mechanical evaluation of mobile bearing knees.
Am. J. Knee Surg., 10, 2, 73-82, 1997
– Aglietti P., Menchetti P.P.M
Total Knee replacement. Problems related to the posterior cruciate ligament and fixed versus mobile bearings.
European Instructional Course Lectures, EFORT. Barcelona. Vol. 3, 15-24,1997
Distal femoral varus osteotomy in valgus osteoarthritic knee.
Am. J. Knee Surg., 13, 2, 80-86,2000
– Menchetti P.P.M.,
Come ti curo la schiena. Nuove tecnologie miniinvasive per l’ernia del disco.
Abcd Salute. Gli specialisti al servizio del paziente by Health Care Italia S.p.a., IV, 2, 15, 2002.
Effects of sodium Hyaluronate on peridural scar after lumbar discectomy.
Oral presentation 21th I.S.M.I.S.S. – Zurich – January 2003. In press.
– Menchetti P.P.M., Longo L.,
Laser Treatment of low back pain syndrome.
Oral presentation World Congress Laser Medicine – Munich – 25-27 june 2003. In press.
Percutaneous diode laser disc nucleoplasty.
Lasers in Med. Sci., 18 (S1-S29), 2003.
– Menchetti P.P.M, Longo L.,
Diode laser treatment of migrated disc – case report
– Menchetti P.P.M., Longo L.
Percutaneous Diode Laser disc nucleoplasty.
Laser Florence 2003. Proceedings, ISBN 16057422. Vol.5610. SPIE Publisher, Bellingham.
Percutaneous Laser Diode Disc Decompression (PL3D) – 500 consecutive cases.
Lasers in Med. Sci., (S1-20), 2004
– Menchetti P.P.M. et al.
Percutaneous Laser Diode Disc Decompression (PL3D™) – 800 consecutive cases’ experience.
– Menchetti P.P.M., Bini W, et al.
PERCUTANEOUS LASER DISC DECOMPRESSION. 1000 CONSECUTIVE CASES AT 3 YRS FOLLOW UP.
Lasers in Med. Sci., (S1-20), 2006
– Menchetti P.P.M. , Bini W., et al.
PERCUTANEOUS LASER DISC DECOMPRESSION. A PROSPECTIVE STUDY UNDER C-ARM vs. CT-SCAN GUIDANCE.
– Menchetti P.P.M., Bini W., et al.
COMBINED MICROSURGICAL APPROACH AND LASER DISC DECOMPRESSION IN CERVICAL SPINE.
Lasers in Med. Sci., (S1-20), 2006
– Menchetti P.P.M., Bini W., et al
PERCUTANEOUS LASER DISCECTOMY. MULTICENTRIC STUDY AT 4 YEARS FOLLOW UP.
Lasers in Med. Sci., Springer Verlag (S1-20), 2007
– Menchetti P.P.M., Bini W., et al.
PERCUTANEOUS LASER DISCECTOMY. A PROSPECTIVE RANDOMIZED STUDY versus RADIO FREQUENCY DISC THERMAL ABLATION.
Lasers in Med. Sci., Springer Verlag (S1-20), 2007
– Menchetti P.P.M., Bini W. , et al.
PERCUTANEOUS LASER DISCECTOMY IN THORACIC DISC HERNIATION.
-P. Menchetti, W. Bini, F. Menotti: Percutaneous Laser Discectomy In Thoracic Disc Herniation. The Internet Journal of Minimally Invasive Spinal Technology. 2008 Supplement I – to IJMIST Vol 1 No 2. DOI: 10.5580/704
-P. Menchetti, W. Bini, G. Canero, F. Menotti: Laser Discectomy In Lumbar Recurrent Disc. The Internet Journal of Minimally Invasive Spinal Technology. 2008 Supplement I – to IJMIST Vol 1 No 2. DOI: 10.5580/265e
-P.P.M. Menchetti, W. Bini, G. Canero, F. Menotti: Percutaneous Laser Diode Discectomy: Multicenter study at 4 years follow up. The Internet Journal of Minimally Invasive Spinal Technology. 2008 Supplement I – to IJMIST Vol 1 No 2. DOI: 10.5580/139c
– P. Menchetti, G. Canero, W. Bini: Neuronavigation Ct-Scan Guided In Minimal Invasive Spinal Surgery. The Internet Journal of Minimally Invasive Spinal Technology. 2007 Volume 1 Number 1. DOI: 10.5580/17a3
– P. Menchetti, W. Bini, F. Menotti, G. Canero: Percutaneous Lumbar Interspinous Decompression Spacer: Indications, Surgical Technique and Preliminary Results. The Internet Journal of Minimally Invasive Spinal Technology. 2008 Supplement I – to IJMIST Vol 1 No 2. DOI: 10.5580/148
– Menchetti PP, Canero G., Bini W.
Percutaneous laser discectomy: experience and long term follow-up-
Acta Neurochir. Suppl 2011, 108: 117-121
-Menchetti PP, Postacchini F., Bini W, Canero G.
Percutaneous surgical treatment in lumbar spinal stenosis with Aperius Perc LID: indications, surgical technique and results.
Acta Neurochir. Suppl 2011, 108: 183-186
-Postacchini R., Ferrari E., Cinotti G., Menchetti PP, Postacchini F.
Aperius interspinous implant versus open surgical decompression in lumbar spinal stenosis
Spine J., 2011 Oct, 11 (10): 933-939
-Advances in Minimally Invasive Surgery and Therapy for Spine and Nerves.
Menchetti PPM, Editor.
Springer Verlag GmbH, 2010
-Minimal Invasive Surgery of the Lumbar Spine .
Menchetti PPM, Editor
Springer-Verlag London, 2014
-Cervical Spine: Minimally Invasive and Open Surgery
Menchetti PPM, Editor
Springer Cham Heidelberg New York Dordrecht London
Springer International Publishing Switzerland
SURGICAL OPERATIONS LIST
During his professional career, approximately more than 2800 spinal operations were performed, either personally or under his direct supervision, involving both all the minimally invasive approaches and the classical open procedures.
Professor PPM MENCHETTI, MD, FRCS (US)
Dr. Joachim Bleeck, Dr. med. Dipl.-Med.
Lehrbeauftragter an der Berufsakademie Sachsen I
Staatliche Studienakademie Plauen
Durchgangsarzt (D-Arzt) der Berufsgenossenschaften
Minimalinvasive Wirbelsäulenchirurgie Deformitäten (Skoliosen, Kyphosen)
Tumor-/Metastasen-Chirurgie der Wirbelsäule
Alterstraumatologie / Osteologie
2017 – 2019 Master of Health Business Administration (MHBA), Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
2014 Qualitätsmanagement-Fachkraft (QMF), TÜV SÜD Akademie GmbH
1988 Promotion zum Dr. med., Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (Charité)
1986 Med., Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (Charité)
1986 Staatsexamen, Approbation, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin(Charité)
1980 – 1986 Humanmedizin-Studium, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (Charité)
1972 – 1979 Außenhandel / IT, Groß- und Außenhandelskaufmann
Consultant Physician and Rheumatologist specialising in interventional spinal pain management.
Kent Institute of Medicine and Surgery, Maidstone, Kent.
King’s College Hospital, London.
Tony Hammond trained in Edinburgh, Bristol, Bath and London and was Consultant at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells for 20 year before leaving to develop the Kent Institute. His main practice is now mainly in interventional spinal pain management, specialising in intervertebral disc disorders. He is a senior instructor with SIS (the Spine Intervention Society) and recognised nationally, teaching and lecturing widely. He practices in both the private and NHS sector providing arthritis care, interventional spinal pain and disc surgery services including transforaminal endoscopic discectomy, percutaneous disc decompression, epidural endoscopy and related techniques. He commenced using the Max-More Transforaminal Endoscopic system in 2012 and is collaborating with surgical colleagues to establish InsightSpine UK as the country’s first comprehensive minimally invasive disc therapy service. He is in submission with a report of a series of 100 cases of disc decompression for back pain by Disc-FX which will be the largest in the current world literature.
Mr Andrew O’Brien – Consultant Spinal Surgeon, Complex Adult and Paediatric Deformity and Tumour, Royal Victoria Hospital/Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children
– Trained in complex adult and paediatric deformity, Minimally Invasive/Endoscopic Spinal Surgery and Spinal Navigation
– Lectures internationally on Spinal Surgery and is a Chairman/Faculty for AO Spine
– AO Spine trained researcher
– Specialist Practice in Paediatric Deformity, particularly Early Onset Scoliosis, Neuromuscular and Congenital Scoliosis
– Trained Anatomist and teacher
– Consultant to Medtronic, NuVasive
– CEO and Founder of BioRegenerative Technologies and NeuroSpinal Innovations
Residency – Training:
(Prof. Dr. Vicente Calatayud-Maldonado)
(Prof. Dr. Madjid Samii )
Administrative & Academic Appointments:
– Past European Secretary ISMISS
– Charter Member SAS
– German Delegate AAMISMS
– Vice President ISLASS
– Member AANS
– Member German Neurosurgical Society
– Member Skull Base Study Group
Invited Lectures & Publications:
Ongoing Research Activity:
Continuing Medical Education:
– 1987 : International Symposium on Peripheral Nerve Lesions
– 1990 : BRW-CRW Stereotactic Workshop
– 1991 : Stereotaxy Workshop
– 1992 : Pediatric Neurosurgery Colloquium
– 1990-1992 : CME Project-Courses Hannover
– 1994-1995 : Neuroendoscopy Courses
– 1995 : Peripheral Vascular Disease and SCS Meeting
– 2011-2012 : International Conference-The Mediterranean Child, Dubai
– 2014 : International Spine Meeting ISLASS, UAQ-UAE
– Lasers in Neurosurgery
– Surgery of Cerebral AVM’s
– BRW System and Biopsy Procedure
– Model for Neuroendoscopic Hands-on
Awards & Prizes:
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
Dr Wael Agur a Urogynaecologist currently leading the service in NHS Ayrshire & Arran, West of Scotland. His interest in transvaginal mesh surgery for incontinence and prolapse dates back to the subspeciality-accredited training programme in the South West of England, under the guidance of Professor Robert Freeman and Professor Paul Abrams.
In addition to his work with NHS England Working Group on transvaginal mesh, Dr Agur serves as a current member of the Expert Group as well as the Independent Review panel advising the Scottish Government on issues in relation to transvaginal mesh procedures for incontinence and prolapse.
He holds a Research Fellowship with NHS Research Scotland developing a research programme in the field of urogynaecology including conservative and surgical interventions. Research interests include stress urinary incontinence, urodynamics and pelvic organ prolapse.
He is an IUGA member and currently serves as a member of IUGA Research Committee since 2011. He previously served as a member of the Research and Audit Committees of the British Society of Urogynaecology.
He is married with 2 children and enjoys squash, cycling and open water diving (PADI® certified).